Hello dear internet viewers,
As you may or may not know. I am a lady. I am a lady who does the comedies. The stand-ups, the improvs, the sketches, the faces, the raspberries, and the squirrel impersonations.
And I have decided to “sell my wares” as it were to the good people of Adelaide, Australia at the Adelaide Fringe Festival.
Now you may be my Mom, or another such family member, a dear friend, or colleague. And if you are, and you know me a bit… you will know that this is the FARTHEST TRIP I HAVE EVER TAKEN… and that really in terms of trips… I’ve never really taken any.
So that my first trip be to Australia… is somewhat… INSANE! INSANE AND AWESOME! Which is a combination that I think can be safely said about many of my choices. Or at least I like to think.
In any case. I depart tomorrow morning. And thought it best to start a little bloggey-doo for those who enjoy a good read. And for those who will wonder if I have yes, found myself cuddled and crying into to the warm pouch of a nurturing mother like kangaroo, suckling at her teets trying to retrieve the ego that I lost when thinking it would be a good idea to bring A NEW SHOW to a HUGE FRINGE FESTIVAL oh you know, just ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE WORLD.
I am wondering myself, if I will find myself in that warm pouch.
Here are a list of other things I am wondering.
1) Will I puke on the plane?
2) Will I overcome the urge to yell something ridiculous in the plane out of pure ass agitation? (You know when your butt aches just something awful?)
3) Will the custom agent intimidate my tired and weary soul so much so that I tear up and forget why I came to Australia in the first place?
4) Will I see a platypus.. and how will I feel if I do? Will I think… “Okay God, I see how we are more similar than I thought.”?
5) Will I fall in love with a beautiful surfer, who will at some point save me from a gigantic jellyfish who will completely destroy any beauty I once had, but the surfer will still love me albeit my acidic and scarred face, because we will have bonded over the tragedy and be completely hopelessly in gooey vegemite (sp) love with eachother, until he has to return to the wilds of Australia to save a family of koalas from poaching, and I will understand and tell him he should go, because my love for him and his passions will be so strong, and he will tell me to continue spreading joy through fart and boob jokes… WILL THAT HAPPEN I WONDER?
6) Will a huge spider crawl into one of my shoes without me noticing, causing me to pee a little bit upon finding it’s hairy body with my big toe?
Well, I don’t know.
So keep reading here to find out.
First things first. Get to Vancouver, hang out all day with some awesome friends from Vancouver, hopefully eat the NAAM (num num num miso gravy), and then get on a flight near midnight to Marty McFly my ass 15 hours (but really two days) in to the future. And we all know, the future is Australia!
TO ADVENTURE TIME,